What you need to know about Amazon AWS Certifications
The Value of AWS Certification
In this post we will look to explain what Amazon’s AWS official certification is and why it is essential for every IT professional if they want to advance in their career and maximize their opportunities.
AWS offers Associate Level certifications for designers, administrators, and developers. In addition, it also offers Professional certifications for DevOps engineers who want to take their specialization forward.
Why Do I need an AWS Certification?
We recommend this certification because having it enables anyone to immediately gain recognition of their competencies and skills with AWS services. Likewise, certification preparation offers the opportunity to expand the experience with everything AWS related.
A current Associate Level certification is a prerequisite for AWS certification (specialized exams) since people or clients that have already been certified by AWS have designed these exams for people who already have experience in the platform and your specific areas of expertise.
We understand certification as a credential given to an individual when he or she fulfills a series of pre-determined requirements, which usually include passing an exam. And by credential, we mean a title that you can use on business cards, Curriculum Vitae and other materials where you’d like to showcase that you have the best AWS certification.
An AWS certified professional can apply to better positions at stronger companies with higher pay than non-certified professionals. Statistically, over 64% of enterprises use AWS applications, so achieving expert status is the only way to get in contention for those positions.
What Are The Types Of Certifications?
What Is The Exam And How Do I Pass it?
The way to achieve certification is by taking an exam that will establish if that individual meets a series of certification requirements. The fee required to take the Associate test is 150 USD, while in the case of the Professional exam, it is 300 USD.
Candidates must submit two separate forms of identification (ID). The first form must be a valid identity card issued by the government, containing a photograph and a signature. The second form of primary identification must also be valid and include your signature. At the time of the exam, the use of any book, material or electronic device is strictly prohibited.
The score needed to obtain the certification is established through statistical analysis and can always be subject to change. The scores necessary to pass the exams aren’t made public – because the exam questions and the required can change without prior notice. Instead, you will receive the results on the screen immediately after taking the exam.
In case you can not pass the test on your first attempt, you can do it again, provided that the following conditions are met:
– 14 days must have passed from the date you first took the test.
– The exam can be performed a maximum of three times in the same year starting from the first attempt.
– When you passed an exam, you will not be able to take it again without consent from AWS.
– The AWS beta exams can only be taken once (1) per candidate.
– Any test result that fails to comply with the retest policy will be considered invalid and, as a result, no credit will be awarded for the exam. Those who fail the policy several times will be excluded.
– The price must be paid in full for every individual attempt.
– Once the student passes the exam, a certificate will be given that acknowledges they have passed and are now certified. Also, once you have fulfilled all the requirements for certification, you will obtain the corresponding credential and will be allowed to use the certification title and corresponding logo on your business cards and other professional materials.
All customers and partners must update their certification.
To guarantee you pass the exam on your very first try, you should enroll in an AWS training class. It will certainly increase your knowledge of cloud computing and will help you guarantee to pass the AWS exam without having to take it multiple times, thus wasting precious time and money. The process is extremely straightforward and you will become more knowledgeable, more qualified for your job, and of course, better paid for your time!